MedSafe SDS Management
“By partnering with motivated entrepreneurs, we will make the healthcare and dental industries safer and more compliant every day.“
~ Karen Scott, Office Manager, Coastal Dermatology, Westport, MA
Are you looking to devote less time to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management and to improve compliance? Would you like to spend less money on SDS-related efforts?
With limited resources in the healthcare industry, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) maintenance efforts pose an increasing challenge to your organization. The process can be time consuming and expensive, yet errors risk not only the health and safety of employees, but also the exposure of your organization to liability, fines and citations. MedSafe offers both paper-based and online solutions!
Whether you represent a small, stand-alone healthcare facility or a large, multi-site network, you need a living, breathing SDS management program to ensure compliance and reduce the risk of injury to your staff. MedSafe’s SDS Management Program gives you that kind of system. By having SDSs online, regardless of where you may keep your hard copy SDS inventory, your employees will have real-time access to your facility’s SDSs, 24-hours a day. For those organizations that don’t have distributed information networks, our paper-based SDS System is the most efficient.
Benefits of SDS Online Include:
- Enhanced compliance with OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard and the JCAHO Environment of Care Standards
- Differentiation of your organization as one which continuously strives to exceed regulatory and accreditation standards
- Significant reduction of staff time and effort by using MedSafe’s resources to cost effectively and install and monitor this system
- Peace of mind and confidence that things are being done right by SDS professionals dedicated to managing this system
Key Program Components
- Backup hard copy of Hazardous Product Directory and SDS Manuals
- Initial and annual staff training
- Ongoing program maintenance
Hazardous Product Labeling
Included in the SDS program are pre-printed labels for any hazardous product not in its original container. These labels contain essential information on flammability, reactivity, personal protective equipment, and target organs. These labels are used in conjunction with a specially designed Hazardous Product Identification Chart supplied as a part of the program.
Pre-printed Secondary Container Labels List
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to use when handling the product
- Hazard characteristics and health hazards
- Target organs of the body that may be affected by the hazardous chemical
- Information to locate the product’s SDS in your MedSafe SDS catalog
Note: Labels laser are printed on vinyl stock for maximum durability.